Frequently Asked Questions

NYS Policy Top Question
back to FAQ home

If a Medicaid Managed Care Plan (MMCP) gets a claim from a provider who has been de-designated from children's HCBS, should the plan hard deny, or should they pay and notify the State?

Providers are required to be designated to provide Children’s HCBS. The MMCP can deny the claim if the provider was not designated at the time the service was provided.

Source: State Released MMCP FAQ Sept 27, 2019